A top down shooter prototype starring the living and the living dead.
My first Unity videogame project, created over roughly 50 hours and
requiring a whole lot of blood, sweat and tears (but mostly blood). Inspired
by George A. Romero's Living Dead movies, this top-down shooter was
supposed to include an in-depth if short narrative component, but over the course
of the project I learned I need to tone down my scope and instead focused on
programming and designing a cement foundation of game-feel and level design, as
well as further mechanic depth.
- Three levels with unique gimmicks.
- Stealth mechanics with line of sight and sound-based detection.
- Intuitive mouse-only shooting and reloading controls.
- Health mechanic with an extra "Bitten" state.
- Scoring system that gives the player a letter grade based on performance at the end of the level, including bonuses for achieving certain criteria.
- Boss battle with different gameplay to other enemies.
- Self-produced art, animation, UI, and sound effects.